A. About ISC
Since 1991, the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) has worked in the United States and around the world to help communities, cities, industry, and NGOs accomplish their environmental, economic, and social goals. ISC uses training, technical assistance, peer-to-peer learning, and demonstration projects to help unleash the power of local people and institutions to address immediate challenges and opportunities – all while building those on-the-ground solutions into national and international best practices and policy. At the heart of the organization’s approach is results-focused, authentic and pragmatic engagement with all stakeholders, which unearths locally-driven and equitable solutions to the biggest challenge we face – global climate change. Learn more at: www.sustain.org
B. Request for Proposal
ISC is implementing the SME CleanTech program to promote energy efficiency and clean technology in Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) clusters across India. ISC seeks to appoint a consultant to prepare policy recommendations for advancement of energy efficiency in SMEs in India.
C. Scope of Work
The Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review current policies for energy efficiency in SMEs, as present with national and state level organizations including (but not limited to) Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of MSME, State Department of Industries.
- Review policy recommendations made, if any, from the completed national and international programs for SMEs for energy efficiency (past ten years).
- Review outcomes of any workshops, meetings, studies organized on energy efficiency for SMEs (at least past five years)
- Meet stakeholders, government (national and states) including at least ten SME associations and seek their inputs into energy efficiency policies for SMEs.
- Review any similar policies, if available, in the international context.
- Prepare a set of policy recommendations for energy efficiency in SMEs in India, covering energy audits, energy databanks, tracking energy efficiency and other related parameters.
- Participate in three stakeholder discussions and present policy findings.
- Revise policy recommendations based on stakeholder inputs.
Activities 1-6 must be completed within 60 days of start of the contract and Activities 7 and 8 must be completed within 30 days of stakeholder meetings that will be organized by ISC.
Total expected level of effort for the assignment is 30 person-days (20 person-days for Activities (1) to (6) and 10 person-days for activities (7) and (8)).
The Consultant must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- At least 10 years’ experience working in SME clusters on energy efficiency through national or internationally funded projects.
- Experience, in policy related studies for energy efficiency in SME clusters, preferred.
E. Submission requirements
Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, along with cost information.
Proposals must be submitted via email to [email protected], with RFP – SME CleanTech Policy Consultant in the subject line. Proposals must be submitted by July 25, 2018, 5 pm Indian Standard Time. The proposal must include the following:
- Description of qualifications in a CV (no more than 3 pages)
- Three references who can speak to consultant’s successful completion of similar work.
- Cost information
- The Consultant should submit a detailed cost proposal including professional fee, travel and lodging expenses, along with any relevant taxes for the activities defined above in the scope of work.